Friday, May 11, 2007

Re-packaging of Shrek films offers nothing new

Okay, I like “Shrek” just fine, but this is just an example of redundant re-packaging in order to promote a new film due out his summer in theaters.

If you don’t already own the first “Shrek” film, this package gives you the first film, plus the 16-minute 3-D film that was produced to bridge the storyline between “Shrek” and “Shrek 2.”

I hadn’t seen the 3-D film previously and I’m a sucker for any 3-D film. I happily donned my red and blue glasses and put the disc in the player. It’s not bad, though not memorable either and the 3-D proved to my eyes at least as rather iffy – sometimes it worked and sometimes it looked just like a jumble.

Don’t expect anything new in this package.

For more information, log onto www.paramount.com/homeentertainment.

© 2007 by Gordon Michael Dobbs

No comments: